[wisb] Images of Common Tern Flocks

  • From: Schaufenbuel <schaufenbuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 22:37:37 -0600

I am still impressed by the multitudes of Common Terns (mixed with
Caspian, Forster's, Bonaparte's and Franklin's Gulls) along the Lake
Front and nearby inland waters yesterday.  Large flocks were found at
six locations and many others were observed in whirling feeding swarms
along the shoreline.   As for catching fish, Terns make it look easy.
Watching them for a time is relaxing and at times comical.

I was playing with the settings on my camera and as a result the images
are not as crisp as I wanted:

http://image73.webshots.com/173/6/90/87/2620690870104716876OqMBrF_fs.jpg
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2165742460104716876DtwKay
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2170874600104716876GfmAuS

Joe Schaufenbuel
5676 Regent St.
Stevens Point
Portage County, WI 54481
(715) 345-2788

'Eureka!' (I found it) but 'That's funny...'"
--Isaac Asimov

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.