[wisb] Being Used

  • From: "Bob Domagalski" <rcd2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wis Birdnet" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 22:38:51 -0500

Oschwald in St. Nazianz,  I noticed a male Scarlet Tanager perched at the
entrance to the trail.  I put my binocs on the bird and felt pleased that it
stayed in place.  I then advanced forward.  But the tanager did not move.  I
walked up to the tanager and then passed within 5 feet of the bird.  Once I
passed the bird, it then flew past me and landed in a small tree to the front
of me.  This was then repeated a second time.  On my next approach, the tanager
held its perch again and I thought "Wow am I ever flattered! this bird REALLY
likes me!"  As I again came within feet of the bird, it suddenly swept from its
perch and nabbed an insect I had kicked up with my walking.  As it turned out,
the Scarlet Tanager was less interested in me and more interested in the bugs I
might expose.
        -- Bob Domagalski,  Menomonee Falls (Waukesha County) and St. Nazianz
(Manitowoc County)

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.