[wisb] Images from Spring Green today

  • From: "Mike McDowell" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Wisconsin Birding Network'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 21:18:55 -0500

WisBirders,

On this final day of May 2009, I went to Spring Green Reserve to take in the
sights and sounds of the prairie.  If you walk the trail going east, it
would be difficult to miss the NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD(S).  While I did not see
or hear a BLUE GROSBEAK, there were lots of other enjoyable birds.  Sparrow
species included GRASSHOPPER, LARK, FIELD, SONG, CHIPPING, and VESPER.
Enough text, here are some digital images from my outing:

Spring Green Prairie:

http://www.birddigiscoper.com/blogsprggrn091a.jpg

Singing Orchard Oriole:

http://www.birddigiscoper.com/blogsprggrn092a.jpg

False Heather (Hudsonia tomentosa, I think):

http://www.birddigiscoper.com/blogsprggrn093a.jpg

Beautiful Tiger Beetle (Cicindela Formosa):

http://www.birddigiscoper.com/blogsprggrn094a.jpg

Acorns in the sand:

http://www.birddigiscoper.com/blogsprggrn095a.jpg

American Copper: