[wisb] Identification help

  • From: Peggy B <pegbiltgen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:19:23 -0600

I am a rookie birder and was hoping someone wouldn't mind helping me identify
the duck on the right with the white breast.  I realize the picture quality is
not great.  I thought it was a northern shoveler as it had a wide bill.
The photo was taken in Vernon County this morning just off Dutch Hill Road.  I
also spotted a Ross's Goose just down the stream a bit.
Plus, there were 3 Bald Eagles in the area.

Thanks for your help, I scoured every online photo I could find and the
Northern Shoveler looked the most like what I saw.

Peggy from Baraboo