[wisb] ID Help Thanks, Polk County

  • From: Jeff Virant <rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:26:48 -0500

Hi everyone,
Last week I posted a note requesting ID help with a bird that was singing so
beautifully on our property on Rainbow Pond. I am very grateful to all of the
help that I received, especially to Steve for dropping by. Today I was finally
able to see the bird clearly and somewhat to my chagrin, it was a Catbird,
singing it’s heart out. As the week wore on, I repeatedly heard the bird though
the songs seemed to change from day to day. I guess I wasn’t aware of the fact
that the Catbird can copy like the Mockingbird and vary it’s song from day to
day.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Jeff Virant
Deer Park, WI   (Polk County)