[wisb] Hustisford area today

  • From: "Rhonda Schrab" <rdzs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 19:14:57 -0600

Spent a couple hours birding around the area near home today. Ended with 25
species including c. mergansers, c. goldeneye, kestrel, h. larks, herring
gull and new yard bird red-breasted nuthatch. Also had an excellent look at
an immature coopers hawk. When pulling away from the lake I noticed a
silhoutte about 5' off the ground in some brush and trees. Turned around
went back and had extended look at 25' at eye level. Through the bins he
was right in my face. Really enjoyed looking at him for awhile but wanted
to move on, he was still there when I left.
Dave Schrab

Hustisford WI

Dodge Co