[wisb] Horicon field trip Sunday morning

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 07:17:12 -0500

I keep forgetting to post a reminder that Levi Wood and I will be leading a
Madison Audubon field trip to Horicon Marsh tomorrow morning (Sunday, June 8.)
This was rescheduled from the original date in April, due to the delayed spring
and lack of birds back then.  We'll hit Dike Rd., the Bud Cook Hiking Area, the
Auto Loop, and probably walk out a ways on the Old Marsh Rd., which is now open
for the summer.

We'll meet at the Education Center on Hwy 28 on the south side of the marsh,
about two miles east of the town of Horicon, at 7:00 a.m.  If anyone wants to
carpool from Madison, meet at the American Family Park & Ride on the northeast
side at 6:00 a.m. (but I have to drive myself, as I'll be going on to Oshkosh
afterward.)   Bring a scope if you have one, snacks, water, sunscreen, etc.
This will mostly be car touring, with a bit of walking on level roads.  The
trip will last about three hours (a little longer if we're finding good
stuff...)

Peter Fissel
Madison, WI