[wisb] Re: Horicon Marsh on Sunday

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:58:37 -0500

What a difference a day makes! This afternoon I stopped by Horicon on my way
home from Jaegerfest and the Nicolet Forest.
I found no shorebirds on the south side of STH49 (water is up, but there is
still some useable habitat). I found several Wilson's
Snipe on the north side of 49, and a couple of Pectoral Sandpipers. The auto
tour had both yellowlegs and a few more Pectoral
Sandpipers but nothing else. Duck numbers are way up and Pintails (still in
eclipse or all females/juveniles) and Wigeon have
arrived. There are thousands of Mallards and teal and lesser numbers of
other resident ducks. At least for now its shorebirds
out and ducks in!