[wisb] Horicon Marsh Bird Festival- Thank you!

  • From: Jeffrey Bahls <jbahls@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:35:58 -0500

Dear Fellow Birders,
I would like to take this time to say THANK YOU to all who helped make
the 12th Horicon Marsh Bird Festival a huge success! Trip leaders,
partners and participants all did a great job. Guess what ?! It was a
record year!  A record 167 species of birds were spotted during
festival events. some of the notables were black neck stilts,marbled
godwit,white faced ibis, red necked grebe, greater scaup,horned
grebe,orchard oriole,pronothory warbler,king rail and who could leave
out the numbers of american bitterns and sora rails.  Larry Michael
will follow up with a more complete list when he gets a chance.
Attendance was also high. I met many of you during the fest and
looking forward to meeting many more next year.... Mark your calenders
for Mother's day weekend 2010.

Jeff Bahls
Lowell WI
Dodge Co
Horicon Marsh Bird Club President.

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.