[wisb] Harris's Sparrow Retzer NC Waukesha - update - YES this morning, plus some new images...

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:45:45 -0500

Hi All,
The Harris's Sparrow was still present this morning at Retzer Nature Center
Thusday 9/26 at 8:30 am. It was located just a couple of feet from here I
found it yesterday. This location is down at the Brown's Fen located on the
far south end of property of the nature center. The location in the fen
area is on the far west side of the fen where there is a cord walk in an
open area. It hung around for about 15 minutes but then disappeared from
that area. I hung around another 45 minutes and birded the surrounding area
but I never did see the Harris's Sparrow again. It appeared this bird will
sit in the brush and not move for minutes at a time out of sight.

I did get a few new images to share this morning if you care to view them
at the link below:
*
http://www.windowtowildlife.com/harriss-sparrow/*

Thank you and good birding,