[wisb] Gulls and hybrid duck/Milwaukee County

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:41:34 -0600

This afternoon at Mckinley Marina I met Marilyn Bontly who was scoping the
gulls when I arrived. We saw a Lesser Black-backed Gull, Thayer's Gull,
and a Glaucous Gull among the Herring and Ring-billed Gulls. Marilyn had
seen an Iceland Gull, but the gulls were startled by something for a few
minutes ,
and after they settled down we could not relocate it.
Marilyn also spotted the Common Goldeneye x Hooded Merganser hybrid which is
the first time I've seen one of those.
We could not locate the Harlequin Duck north of Bradford Beach this
afternoon.

Thomas Wood,Menomonee Falls,Waukesha County