[wisb] Greater White-fronted Geese, Waukesha Co.

  • From: Andrea Szymczak <harrierhawk1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 21:21:13 -0600

After noticing what appeared to be an actual migration (many groups flying
overhead with some birds quite high aloft) of Canada Geese earlier in the
day, Tom & I decided to check the open water in western Waukesha Co. this
afternoon.  We found and photographed two GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE at
the Fowler Lake marsh.  Also present was the ongoing male CANVASBACK, 2
BLACK DUCKS, and 600+ Canada Geese.  At nearby Lac LaBelle we found over 80
COMMON GOLDENEYES, 5 COMMON MERGS, & 1 HOODED MERG.  Oconomowoc Lake held 3
RING-NECKED DUCKS, several hundred Canada Geese, some COOTS, & a TUFTED
TITMOUSE was heard.
Andrea Szymczak
Waukesha, WI