[wisb] Goose Pond

  • From: "Mitchell Nussbaum" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "acornwithteeth" for DMARC)
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 22:46:17 -0700

I went to Goose Pond Sun. evening. There was a family of Sandhill cranes on the
east pond, 2 adults and 2 almost fully grown young ones. The water is very low,
so they were wading and feeding.
There were dozens of Canada geese on the main west pond. Also 6 Great egrets,
13 Sandhill cranes, 1 Great blue heron, 1 Wood duck and 20 to 30 mallards. The
water was low there too, and some of the geese flew away, I thought maybe to
find deeper water. But as we were about to leave, a huge group of geese, maybe
100, arrived. It was almost dark, the full moon providing light.

Genie Ogden
Madison, Dane Co.