[wisb] Glaucous Gull, Dane co

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 19:05:39 -0600

 I had an adult Glaucous Gull and a probable adult Thayer's Gull on Lake
Waubesa. (viewing wasn't the best) After the weather let up some, I went around
Lakes Kegonsa and Waubesa. Kegonsa had a lot more divers than Waubesa. Waubesa
had more gulls and grebes. Around 20 Horned by Goodland Park.
 Kegonsa had 20 Tundra Swans. Lots of coots and Ruddy Ducks on both lakes.
Although, the south end of Waubesa has 2000+ coots.
 I only saw 1 loon, on Kegonsa. Waubesa had around 12.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.