[wisb] Fox Sparrows

  • From: Shelley Hamel <hamelshelley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:13:37 -0500

An ice storm covered our township last night, so numerous juncos and fox
sparrows were under our feeders moving about in the iced-up grass at
6AM. There were 7 fox sparrows, which is 5 more than we usually see this
time of year.  So
imagine our surprise when we went to the mailbox on our icy rural road
and saw well over 100 fox sparrows scratching their little hearts out on
the gravel shoulders, both sides, as far as the eye could see.  They
were joined by half as many juncos and one song sparrow.   Shelley
Hamel, Marquette County