[wisb] Re: Forwarded message - Harlequin Ducks at Washington Island

  • From: "Roy and Charlotte Lukes" <rnclukes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'WISBIRDN'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 08:42:19 -0600

Tom and others,

Margaret sent the photos to us, too, and they indeed are Harlequin Ducks.
Then yesterday she emailed us that there were five of them present!

Another Door Co. birder saw a female Harlequin near Sand Bay, south of
Rowley's Bay along the Lake Michigan shore about two weeks ago while
watching the male snowy owl that was here from Nov. 15th to the 25th.

Charlotte Lukes
Egg Harbor, WI

Read Roy's nature stories in www.ppulse.com
and Outdoors In Door at http://doorcountyliving.com