[wisb] Forest Beach Migratory Preserve featured in Audubon Magazine

  • From: Cutright.Noel <Noel.Cutright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 17:35:55 +0000

Audubon Magazine features Wisconsin preserve
Turning golf courses into nature preserves

From Gathering Waters eNews: "We were thrilled to learn that the Forest Beach
Migratory Preserve, protected by Ozaukee Washington Land Trust, has been
featured in an article in the Sep-Oct issue of Audubon Magazine that shares the
stories of golf courses around the country that are being transformed into
nature preserves."

Yesterday, Bill Mueller added the 238th species from the site, a Long-billed
Dowitcher, and this is only our 3rd year of devoted birding at this 141-acre
property north of Port Washington.

Noel Cutright, Ozaukee County