[wisb] FW: [waterbirdsnetwork] colour-banded Great Egrets

  • From: "Dan Jackson" <DanJackson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WisBirdN" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:38:57 -0600

Although we may not have a chance to see any of these for several
months, I thought it would be a good idea to share this request.

Good Birding,

Dan Jackson

Chaseburg, Vernon County, Wisconsin (near La Crosse)

www.pbase.com/dejackson

community.webshots.com/user/danielejackson

Request --

Birders are encouraged to watch for and report colour-banded Great
Egrets.
Since 2000, more than 1,000 YOY Great Egrets have been colour-banded
with
red leg bands --with white alpha-numerics--on the Great Lakes. The bands

may be on either the left or right leg and they may be above or below
the
"knee" or both. Please report any such colour-banded individuals, giving

place and date of sighting...and the location of the band and any
inscription on the band to chip.weseloh@xxxxxxxxx
Thanks,
Chip Weseloh
416-739-5846