[wisb] E-bird question

  • From: Jerry <jerry937975@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:08:29 -0500 (EST)

I'll pose the question as an example as I am curious how e-bird works.

In my home county I report my birds by specific patches. In most other
counties, I just lump the sightings by county...  at least for now.

If I spend the day birding in my home county and tally the following numbers:

Patch 1 - 50 Chickadees
Patch 2 - 50 Chickadees
Patch 3 - 50 Chickadees
Patch 4 - 50 Chickadees

and so on and so on for a total of 10 patches and 500 Chickadees.

Will this be captured as a high count of 500 birds for the county? Or because I
reported them patch by patch will a true high count for the county not register?

Thanks!
Jerry DeBoer
Central Racine County