[wisb] Re: EU Wigeon-no

  • From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wis Birdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:32:21 -0500

As Chris mentioned we were unable to relocate the Eurasian Wigeon at
Bakken's Pond after the initial sighting.  I was very fortunate to be able
to watch the Eurasian Wigeon for about 15 minutes after finding it, at
which time four swans splashed down and all the ducks in this pond took
flight.  Although a good number of the ducks returned to this pond the
Eurasian Wigeon did not.  Our attempts to find this bird in the other areas
of open water in the area were unsuccessful.  There are very good numbers
of ducks currently around Bakken's Pond so hopefully it it still in the
area and can be relocated.
Aaron Holschbach
Arena