[wisb] Double Crested Cormorants in Kenosha

  • From: John Wilke <pelotonstar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn birdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 15:48:02 -0500

Just off of US94 and Hwy "C" about 2 or 3 miles north of the state line.
Southwest corner of the intersection at a large, roadside pond. I see that
it's already been reported on eBird back on July 7th, but today I spotted
one adult and 4 young ones there.  Also looks like a Great Blue Heron nest
with one young one perched up there. Can easily be viewed from the western
frontage road, while facing north.
Nice diversion from the traffic if you're traveling the area between
Chicago and Milwaukee!

I'll get some photos up on my Flickr tonight.

John Wilke
Greenfield, WI
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/97415819@N03/)