[wisb] Door Cty shorebirding

  • From: Magill Weber <magill_weber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:21:39 -0500

I birded around the Lake Michigan side of Door County from Baileys Harbor north
this afternoon.
A few migrant shorebirds were at the first parking lot along Ridges Rd near the
Old Baileys Harbor Lighthouse and the Yacht Club including a Dunlin, four
Semipalmated Plovers, and 11 Black-bellied Plovers (9 in sharp-looking
alternate plumage), also a single Bonaparte's Gull. At Sand Bay Town Park
between Baileys Harbor and Rowley's Bay there was a huge flock of Common Terns,
which I'll conservatively estimate at 400 birds, a big raft of Common
Mergansers (mostly females), and a few Am White Pelicans.
Magill Weber, currently Baileys Harbor, Door County, WI
www.doorcountyhiking.com

Sent from my iPhone####################