[wisb] Yard birds

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:19:12 -0500

Nothing profound but a sign that things are winding down here, a Red-
eyed Vireo spent the better part of the morning in the area.  This is
1 to 1.5 weeks ahead of previous years.  I have had only three
warblers in the yard this spring, a Myrtle in April, and this month a
Nashville and No. Waterthrush.  Needless to say this is the poorest
May since I moved back here to Appleton.  I have seen more vireos
this spring here then warblers----strange, and only one flycatcher, a
Least.
I was surprised last evening to find the pair of Pine Siskins at
their favorite feeder.  They were here again early this morning.
Maybe they will nest some where in the area.  (I had not seen them
for about a week.)

And as everyone else is saying, this is one of the strangest May
migrations in memory!!

Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI