[wisb] Doctors Park. Milwaukee

  • From: Dave Freriks <dhfreriks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 18:25:07 -0500

Got off of work a little early this aft and wandered down to the beach at
Doctors Park. Good numbers of the common winter ducks. Mostly Common
Goldeneyes, a bunch of Bufflehead, Scaup,  and Red-breasted Mergansers. As I
was sitting out on an old concrete pier, 3 male Buffleheads came in nice and
close while all courting a female.  Several groups of ducks farther out but
couldn't ID with my binocs.  Definitely nice sitting out there with the
somewhat warm temps and "iceburgs" still floating around along the shoreline.
Dave FreriksChesapeake, OH/ SE WI
www.pbase.com/dhfreriks