[wisb] Dane Cty - east Madison Clay Colored Sparrow

  • From: Dan Graham <theluckiest2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 21:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

I had such a great morning birding that I hit the trail at AMFAM NAHQ on
American Parkway at lunch. First this year.

Lincoln Sparrow 4
Field Sparrow 6
Song Sparrow 3
Blue Bird 2
Rose Breasted Grosbeak 2
Warbling Vireo 1
Yellow Warbler 6
Yellow Rumped Warbler 3
Scarlet Tanager 1

Best of all though was the entire North end of the trail was echoing a buzz
with Clay Colored Sparrows. I saw 4 and heard at least 10.

Lastly I heard and saw briefly what I think is the Grasshopper Sparrow up on
far end of hill. Jumped out on edge of trail sang a few times and was gone
again....but very distinct. I have never seen one so I am unsure.
Not bad for Lunch Break!

I am going back tomorrow to look again...Maybe I will get a Bobolink finally!!

I really do love this time of year!!

Dan G
Madison, Wi

Sent from my iPhone

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.