[wisb] 13 warblers - Cherokee Marsh Dane cry

  • From: Dan Graham <theluckiest2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 21:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

Birder this morning at Cherokee Marsh Parking area. Along with a huge wave of
Palm and Gnatcatchers I had a mix of sparse numbers of Warbler species.

Parula 1
Black Throated Green 1
Nashville 3
Cape May 2
Blackburnian 2
Chestnutsided 1
Canada 1
Blue Wing 1
Yellow 6
Common Yellow Throat 3
Wilson 1
Yellow Rumped 5
Palm 15 + (didn't even notice me)

Also had 6 Ruby Throated Hummingbirds at the parking lot entrance. I have not
had that many in one area in years.
2 Blue Birds, 2 pairs of Indigo Buntings, and a great look at a low flying
Northern Harrier....maybe 5 feet off ground across the prairie.
And heard my first Sora of year!!

There was so much activity today....

Dan G
Madison Wi

Sent from my iPhone

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.