[wisb] Coast Guard Impoundment today

  • From: <dkuecherer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 22:22:50 -0500

On my way to my semi-annual VA appointment I stopped at the Milwaukee Coast
Guard Impoundment at approximately 1 PM.  This gave me an hour plus to scope
the impoundment.  The following were found.

Semi-palmated Sandpipers
Least Sandpipers
Bairds Sandpiper (1)
Semi-palmated Plovers
Greater Yellowlegs
Pectoral Sandpiper
Killdeer
Herring Gulls
Laughing Gull (1) still there
Ruddy Turnstone (5)
Hudsonian Godwit (1) still there
Caspian Terns (remarkable numbers)
Looked hard and long for the Knot that was reported.. not while I was there,
later perhaps, who knows.
A small assortment of ducks to include a Widgeon and a Redhead.
The Turnstones and Godwit were fairly up close and personable till a Peregrine
made a run an scattered most for a few moments.
Others: Blackbirds, Doves, Sparrows.
Still looking for a Whimbrel any where in the state.
Dennis Kuecherer, Saukville, Ozaukee Cty