[wisb] Chimney Swift count how-to article posted to WI eBird

  • From: Madison Audubon <karen.etter.hale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WisBirdNet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Karen Etter Hale <Karen.Etter.Hale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 11:34:58 -0500

If you, or anyone you know, wants to count Chimney Swifts - and we hope
you do! - the article on "how to" is now posted on Wisconsin eBird,
thanks to Owen Boyle.

http://ebird.org/content/wi/news/help-count-chimney-swifts-in-september/

The Wisconsin Chimney Swift Working Group recommends counting in
September, as that's when the majority of swifts is on the move, but
some swifts are still here into October, so please don't feel restricted
to September.Besides actually counting, our main focus is on identifying
roost chimneys.

Good counting to you,
Karen--

Karen Etter Hale
Member, Wis. Chimney Swift Working Group
Chair, Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative
Executive Secretary, Madison Audubon Society
222 S Hamilton St, Suite 1
Madison, WI 53703-3201
608/255-BIRD (2473)