[wisb] Re: CBC archives?

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bettie@xxxxxxxxxx>, <dkkearns@xxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:31:08 -0600

Just to clarify, some WI CBC counts go only to WSO,
some counts go only to National Audubon, and
some count results are reported to both organizations.

As a result, it is very difficult to obtain the complete results for all of
the Wisconsin CBCs.

This is an unfortunate situation, but it has developed because National
Audubon charges a fee for each counter (to help support the entire Christmas
count project), while WSO does not charge a fee.  Some CBC counters do not
feel that they should have to pay to participate when they go out to count
birds, so as a result we have two different count totals for the state, two
different WI count editors, and two different pools of data.

Tom Schultz
Green Lake Co.