[wisb] Buffalo Lake, Marquette co.

  • From: "Daryl Christensen" <daryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:59:20 -0500

I birded the Packwaukee causeway on Buffalo Lake in Marquette County at 7 a.m.
A good number of Am. Golden Plovers was present with a smattering of Lesser
Yellowlegs, Semi-palmated Sandpipers and Killdeer. Other shorebirds were moving
around until a Peregrine came in and blew everything out. He chased a Lesser
Yellowlegs for a long ways, but the bird got away by flying into the woods.
(sound familiar?).
I checked again around noon and except for a few semi-palms, nothing was
around. The numbers of Great Egrets are building again, but they are scattered
from one end of the lake to the other. However, with 13 miles of mudflats, who
knows what might be out there?
-Daryl Christensen
Marquette co.