[wisb] Bradford Beach Tree Sparrows

  • From: Petherick Chris <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird List Wisconsin Bird List <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 21:15:40 -0500

It was brought to my attention that my Tree Sparrow sighting was
pretty early for the Milwaukee area.  It was suggested that what i may
have seen today was an immature White Crowned Sparrow.  The bird I saw
had a mark on its stomach, and now that i think of it, maybe low for
the spot of a Tree Sparrow.  In any event, I am now second guessing my
ID, so take the Tree Sparrow sighting with a grain of salt!

Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Northeastern Milwaukee County