[wisb] Blue Grosbeak Spring Green No and King Rail Belleville No Monday PM

  • From: Kelly Rueckheim <rueckel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:35:52 +0000

I headed down the the Spring Green Preserve yesterday after school to look for
the previously reported Blue Grosbeak at the Spring Green preserve.   I walked
the property at the end of Pearl Rd for about an hour.  I did not see or hear
the Grosbeak, but there were plenty of Lark and Field Sparrows present in the
area.  Also had singing Orchard Oriole and Eastern Towhees.

My second stop was the lake in Belleville to look for the previously reported
King Rail which would be a lifer for me.  I did not see or hear the bird.

As it was getting dark, I drove to the prairies south of Blue Mound.   I heard
many Dickcissels singing in the twilight.

Kelly Rueckheim - Hillsboro, Vernon County####################