[wisb] Re: Black Fly control for protecting birds

  • From: Cathy Gagliardi <patcatgags@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: martin e s murphy <martin.e.s.murphy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 04:05:43 +0000 (UTC)

This has been a frustrating year, for many Loons and other species also.
The comment below, I believe posts merit for us in MN too... enough to share.
I've attached 2 links regarding this black fly problem and perhaps we can look
at alternative measures to help these species who seem to be overwhelmed by
this, to help them in the future.
Martin's combination of vanilla/rose pettle natural liquid mixture seems to be
one to be considered...
I think we all would welcome any alternatives.
Cathy Gagliardi
St. Paul, MN
From Loon Watch...
http://northland.informz.net/InformzDataService/OnlineVersion/Ind/bWFpbGluZ0luc3RhbmNlSWQ9NDA3MTMwMiZzdWJzY3JpYmVySWQ9MTAzMzA3ODgzMA==