[wisb] "Birds and beers"-- Madison Wednesday night

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:00:17 -0600

Borrowing an idea from our neighbors to the west in Minnesota, a group of
Madison birders started up "Birds and beers" last month. What is it? Simply,
meet up with fellow birding friends and birders that you have not met before
and talk birding, birds, or whatever else is on your mind-- all over some good
beer (obviously optional) and food. Our test run last month was a huge success
and a very fun time was had by all. It's a great way to put names to faces if
you can't make it on the WSO Field Trips and a great way to catch up with
fellow birders that you haven't seen in a while.

We will try to organize these monthly in Madison, other areas are encouraged to
do so as well. This months will take place at Amy's Cafe on the UW Campus this
Wednesday at 5pm. Stop in any time between 5 and about 8pm. Amy's is on Gilman
and State, for more info see their website below. Hope to see some of you there!

http://www.amyscafe.com/

Tom Prestby
Madison