[wisb] Big migration last night

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:57:13 -0600

Radar was lit up big time last night and this morning delivered as promised. A
personal high of 20 warbler species at my house, including a Connecticut and a
male Black-throated Blue, the latter finally no longer a nemesis for my yard
list. Also a couple Golden-wingeds, Canada, Mourning, plenty of Nashvilles,
Tennessees, Palms, Amer. Redstarts, and Chestnut-sideds, and a bunch of
unidentified flyovers totaling 241 individuals. Multiple Ruby-crowned Kinglets,
first notable flight of Purple Finches, and an obvious southbound movement of
Red-breasted Nuthatches. First migrant Blue-headed Vireo but have yet to see a
Philadelphia Vireo this fall, which is unusual for me here. No flycatchers, few
sparrows, and a slight resurgence of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks.

Full eBird list at http://ebird.org/ebird/wi/view/checklist?subID=S15146619

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady