[wisb] Belated Adams Co. sightings

  • From: Nick Anich <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:14:30 -0700 (PDT)

Internet access is spotty for me at the moment, but birding in this part of the
state has been good lately.

I had 3 AMERICAN BITTERNS and 1 GREATER PRAIRIE-CHICKEN at Leola Marsh Wildlife
Area in NE Adams Co. on Saturday.

Sunday morning, I visited Lake Petenwell County Park and had warblers dripping
off the trees. I had a BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO, at least 40 BALTIMORE ORIOLES, and
15 species of warblers, with at least a dozen BLACKPOLL WARBLERS, and great
looks at a CONNECTICUT WARBLER. And I just heard someone had a NELSON'S
SHARP-TAILED SPARROW there as well.

Here's a couple recent photos:

Sandhill Crane with chick
http://www.pbase.com/nanich/image/112729099

Blue-spotted Salamander
http://www.pbase.com/nanich/image/112599755

Nick Anich
Adams County, Wisconsin

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.