[wisb] Barrow's Goldeneye-Madison - Yes!

  • From: "pready tds.net" <pready@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:38:00 -0600

Got my nemisis Lifer Barrow's Goldeneye this morning off PicNic Pt.
I took my daughter's boyfriend from Phoenix out there in single digit temps
to show him what birding is all about.
Not sure I converted him to the sport. He froze his keister off but said he
enjoyed it.
We ran into Jim Schwartz (who I called Carl at first) and he pointed it out
to us.
The bird was north of the point now because most of Mendota froze over last
night.
Great to get this Lifer after wiffing on several trips to Lk Mich the past
few winters.
Now I need to get a Guide to the Schwartzs of Wis so I know them better!
Sorry for the mix up Jim.
Pat Ready
Dane Co.