[wisb] August Derleth Park/Sauk Cty

  • From: Gerard Clausen <prairywf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 21:09:35 -0500

Around noon today we started our checking of the 6 Bluebird boxes we
have in August Derleth Park. While checking our first box we heard and
saw a couple of Crows making noise in some pines nearby plus a bird
call/cry we didn't recognize. The 2 crows called in a few more of their
cohorts. Then the bird we heard crying flew off and landed in another
tree. It was a Great Horned Owl and the mob of Crows grew into a murder
of Crows, 8 or more. They bothered this owl for the whole time it took
for us to check the 3 BB boxes on the south end of the park

Gerry Clausen
West  Bend
Washington Cty