[wisb] Re: Angry Fedwing, er Redwing!

  • From: Nancy Nabak <nnabak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Judith Huf <judith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 10:08:45 -0700 (PDT)

I agree on the Swallows.  I have several photographs of a Tree Swallow dive
bombing a Spotted Sandpiper at the Hwy 29 ponds last year in Green Bay.

Nancy Nabak
Green Bay
On Sun, 6/1/14, Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Subject: [wisb] Re: Angry Fedwing, er Redwing!
 To: "Judith Huf" <judith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: "wisbirdn@freelists org" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Sunday, June 1, 2014, 11:14 AM

 Don't forget the tenacious swallows!
 I also saw a robin chase a squirrel
 away from a nest area or fledgling this morning. That was
 amusing.
 Jennifer A
 Milwaukee
 On Jun 1, 2014 9:20 AM, "Judith Huf" <judith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 > I have seen Redwings similarly attack a doe which was
 wading near their
 > nest at Schlitz Audubon Nature Center. I understand
 that deer also eat eggs
 > or even babies out of the nests. Life is tough.
 >
 > Judith Huf
 > Milwaukee county
 >

 > On Jun 1, 2014, at 8:51 AM, Chuck Heikkinen <quetzal65@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 > > I forgot to mention this was on Dike Road at
 Horicon.

 <quetzal65@xxxxxxxxx>
 > wrote:
 > >> Delia and I have seen a Redwing attack a
 family of Sandhill Cranes.
 > >> Similar to what Peter has described, the
 Cranes just kept moving,
 > >> sometimes doing a two-step when they got hit
 in the rump.

 > >> Chuck Heikkinen
 > >> Madison
 > >>
 > >> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Peter