[wisb] Almost forgot.........

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 23:51:20 -0500

Just north of the entrance to Bagley Bottoms, there is a Trumpeter Swan nest in
the slough right by the county road.  I suspect that the pair nesting there is
the same pair that I found in that location last month.  Nice to see them
nesting this far south.

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County Naturalist Guide for the Birds and
Flora of Southeast Arizona and the Upper Midwest
(520) 558-2307(608) 475-9016
P.O. Box 16430Portal, AZ 85630
http://web.mac.com/stoneageoutpost/RC_Birding/RC_Birds.html
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me