[wisb] Alert: Painted Bunting in Green Lake Co.

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 21:44:06 -0500

My wife and I received a phone call earlier this evening from a friend of
ours, who had a male PAINTED BUNTING show up at his feeder during dinner.
We drove the six miles to his house, and within minutes the bird returned to
the feeder.  This was about 7:15 to 7:30 PM.

Visitors are welcome, according to the homeowners, Don Timm and his wife.
Their address is W1763 Bluffton Road, Green Lake, which is about halfway
between Springbrook Road and Hwy. A. Bluffton Road goes west from Hwy. 49,
but takes a jog north before continuing west from Springbrook. The feeder
the bunting visited is between the house and the driveway, east of the
house. The front of the box-type feeder can be viewed from the driveway or
the front lawn. Be prepared for LOTS of mosquitoes!

This location is about 2-3 miles north of the city of Green Lake.

If you visit to try for the bunting, please be respectful and maintain a
suitable distance so as not to frighten the bird.

Tom Schultz
Green Lake Co.