[wisb] 67 w-f geese, Dane co

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:10:59 -0600

 The Yahara River widespread, on Cty B, had a nice group of 67 Greater
White-fronted Geese. They weren't visable from B. I went west of the river to
the 4-way stop, then north( on Williams) to Kegonsa Street. At the end of
Kegonsa, your on a hill that over looks the widespread. I could also see 2 pair
of Pintails. Scopes a must here. The end of Yahara Street is also a good spot
to view.
 I had also stopped at the southend of Lower Mud Lake. The geese weren't in at
noon, but seemed to be coming in right after I left. Did see 4 Cackling Geese
going in with the Canadas.
  Had my first Dane co. Buffleheads, for the year. The numbers of Canvasbacks
and Lesser Scaup were up from the last time I was there. 22 cans here and
another 12 at Fish Camp. 23 Lesser Scaup.
 Finally got my sandhills for the year. Steve thiessen Stoughton Dane co