[wisb] 30 raptors in Killsnake

  • From: "Carl Schroeder" <carlschroeder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 22:33:37 -0600

My daughter and I found an astounding number of raptors in the Killsnake
Wildlife Area in Calumet Co. today.

18 Rough-legged Hawk, including one nearly all black morph, the only white
on the primaries.

7 Red-tailed Hawk

4 Kestrel

1 Screech Owl

The Harriers and Short-eared Owls that were here throughout November and
early December have vacated presumably due to the deep snow with icy crust
covering their hunting grounds.

Carl Schroeder

School Hill, Manitowoc Co.

and