[wisb] 17 Warbler species

  • From: Rick Pertile <mugzy1960@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:05:11 -0500

A great two days for warblers this past weekend in my back yard in Sawyer
County near Birchwood.

Many birds moving through early morning and late afternoon busy gleaning
insects.  Yellow-rumped still the most numerous but noticeable redstart
movement too.  I've attached a few photos below including of one solitary
sandpiper chumming along with a northern water thrush.  Those yellow-rumped
warblers sure are willing subjects if you can just sit still!  I forgot just
how gorgeous those blackburnians are!  This one's face looked like it was on
fire.

Black-throated greenAmerican redstartNorthern
parulaBlackburnianTennesseeNashvilleBlack and
whiteMagnoliaGolden-wingedWilson?sChestnut-sidedNorthern
waterthrushYellowPalmCape MayYellow-rumpedOrange-crowed

Rick Pertile
Sawyer County

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/48700/2023869260104648965S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/45269/2335126510104648965S600x600Q85.jpg