[winxpforum] Re: Moving C:\Documents and Settings

  • From: "Mark Liechty" <mlaccs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winxpforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:08:57 -0700

Right click on the My Documents folder and go to properties.  From there you
can redirect the path to any folder or network share of your choice.

For small networks I generally point the folder to \\servername\data   where
the server is the host for the workgroup and the Data folder is a mapping to
the C:\data folder.

Works very well for the single user system who has multiple partitions on
the same drive.

Mark Liechty MCSE, CNE, CCA
MLA Computer Consulting Services
www.mlaccs.com