[windows2000] Re: windows 2000 domain restore nightmare

  • From: "George Yobst" <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:05:09 -0700

I'm guessing you need to check out K260575 to reset passwords between
the servers.  Don't forget to stop the Kerberos service first!
-George

On 4/5/06, Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am just running thru disaster recovery scenarios, and I am kinda stuck.
>

> The situation is
>
> 1 windows 2000 dc died beyond repair. so need to rebuild and restore from
> backup.
>
> now this is what we have done so far but no luck.
>
> rebuilt new server with same name and partition info as old server. run
> dcpromo and restored system state and sysvol into alternative location. used
> the ntdsutil to perform authoritative restore i.e restore database. once
> successffuly complete. restart server in normal mode.
>
> now the problem is that the server just hangs on the wondows 2000 starting
> up sreen. any take?
>

> Ta
>
> dave

> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
 what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus