[windows2000] windows 2000 domain restore nightmare

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 02:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,

  I am just running thru disaster recovery scenarios, and I am kinda stuck.

  The situation is

  1 windows 2000 dc died beyond repair. so need to rebuild and restore from
backup.

  now this is what we have done so far but no luck.

  rebuilt new server with same name and partition info as old server. run
dcpromo and restored system state and sysvol into alternative location. used
the ntdsutil to perform authoritative restore i.e restore database. once
successffuly complete. restart server in normal mode.

  now the problem is that the server just hangs on the wondows 2000 starting up
sreen. any take?

  Ta

  dave