[windows2000] doubleclick in explorer launches search window

  • From: "Lane, Mark" <MDL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:31:54 -0600

We have one of those famous users who never admits to doing anything to his
PC.  Who knows how the unauthorized software got in there?  Anyway, after
deselecting thumbnail view on the network drive (which can cause Windows
Explorer to sputter searching such a huge area), he complains that when he
opens a folder he has to wait for it to quit searching.  He is correct.
Using Windows Explorer, you can navigate in the folders pane on the left,
but doubleclicking a folder in the contents pane on the right opens a Search
window.  This is a winxpsp1 machine.  What has he done?  Oops, I mean what
happened all on its own the very day he got the computer that he has
neglected to mention until now?  TIA