[windows2000] Re: adding users to workstation administrator g roup

  • From: Frank Monroe <Frank.Monroe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 07:47:27 -0500

I will look for it, hold on.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sorin Srbu [mailto:sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 8:45 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: adding users to workstation administrator group

windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <> sez on Friday, April 08, 2005 2:40
PM:

> Microsoft also has a utility to fix apps that you can fix from other
> means. What the utility does is inflate the users privs just inside
> the particular application.  To use it, you place entries in Active
> Directory containing the executable name and its hash value (so that
> the elevation only occurs for the app).  If you use this, you may be
> able to save granting the admin privs and also satisfy the
> application.

What would that fix be called then?

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer  Web: http://pharm.orgfarm.uu.se/pc/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,  Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University,  Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden     Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: astropneumatic oscillations in the water-cooling