[windows2000] Windows XPsp2 Installer 3.1 error

  • From: Robert.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 07:19:05 -0500

Windows XPsp2 Installer 3.1 error
                "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This
can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows
Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance."

                Above is the error when trying to install NAV 10.1.6.6000 on
a Windows XP sp2 system. We have tried uninstalling and re-installing
Windows Installer 3.1 (latest for XP), unregister and register the msi.dll,
also the msiexec.exe. System is running in normal mode.
                We have uninstalled NAV 10.1.5.x manually as it we were not
able to uninstall thru Add/Remove.
                Feedback and solutions appreciated.
                Bob

Bob Schneider
L3 Communications/ILEX Systems
IAVA Support
246 Industrial Way West
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Phone:  (732)380-9400 x 3503
mailto:robert.schneider@xxxxxxxxxx

DISCLAIMER:
E-mail Confidentiality/Proprietary Notice: The information contained in this
transmission is confidential/proprietary and may be subject to protection under
the law. The message is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly
prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the
sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the material from any
computer. Thank you.